The Mage-OS Association is a non-profit association formed by people within the Magento community to represent and further the interests of that community as a whole: Merchants, developers, agencies, and all of the many people supporting and supported by this ecosystem.
The ideas behind Mage-OS were first shared in an open letter about the future of Magento. That letter prompted discussions and action across the community. The letter was signed by 1,641 people that use, develop, or otherwise depend on Magento for a living. Mage-OS brings the ideas of that letter to life.
Mage-OS is incorporated in Poland, but is represented worldwide.
Our Mission and Values
We want to see Magento prosper.
We have the following goals:
- Grow the community
- Nurture good vibes and values
- Increase ecosystem market share
- Increase confidence in the Magento ecosystem
- Sustain Magento as a leading platform for custom ecommerce development
We intend to accomplish those goals by:
- Coordinating and funding the development and long-term support of Mage-OS
- Creating quality content that supports the long-term livelihood of the platform
- Funding and supporting events that align with the association goals
- Providing documentation and education/certification paths
- Supporting organizations empowering the Magento Open Source ecosystem
- Providing leads and job opportunities for members
- Provide insights, research, and materials to support those outcomes
Our intention is to foster the growth and long-term success of the community by taking steps to simplify and modernize the platform, encourage developer uptake, reinvigorate the supporting community, and give merchants the support and confidence they need to choose Mage-OS for their ecommerce needs.
Our vision for the Mage-OS project starts with these key steps:
- Build community interest
- Launch an independent public mirror of Magento Open Source
- Form the supporting organization
- Launch the Mage-OS distribution, for enhancements to the Magento Open Source platform 👈 We are here
- Hire a CEO or COO to further development of the Mage-OS association and distribution (subject to availability of funds)
- Launch a grant program to sponsor development of specific improvements to the Mage-OS distribution (subject to availability of funds)
- Create a business entity to provide merchant support services and bug fixes for the Mage-OS and Magento Open Source platforms
Who we are
Board of Directors
- Vinai Kopp (DE) - President
- Thien-Lan Weber (FR) - Vice President
- Alessandro Ronchi (IT) - Treasurer
- Ryan Hoerr (US) - Actuary
- Ignacio Riesco (ES)
- John Hughes (UK)
- Maciej Kalkowski (PL)
- Peter Jaap Blaakmeer (NL)
Business Control Committee
Ensures accountability and transparency in Association operations.
- Laura Folco (US)
- Simon Sprankel (DE)
Magento Content Committee
Develops content to further the Magento Open Source platform and ecosystem.
- John Hughes (UK) - Lead
- Arron Moss (UK)
- Brent Peterson (US)
- Damien Retzinger (US)
- Maier Bianchi (US)
- Thien-Lan Weber (FR)
- Willem Wigman (NL)
As a non-profit organization, Mage-OS was founded with formal statutes that define how the association is structured and operates.
We are proud and grateful to be supported by: